Sunday, October 3, 2010

I couldn't help myself....my "Dead Lines" cover

Speaking of old-school industrial, it doesn't get much more old-school than this -- my oh-so-true-to-the-original cover version of Skinny Puppy's 'Dead Lines,' which I consider one of the greatest electro-industrial songs ever created. Which is why the process of making this re-creation was so rewarding. I deliberately set out to emulate the original sounds as best I could (I like to think of it as a sonic exercise in emulating my idols, so to speak) using a fairly limited set of tools: Ableton Live as the DAW , with three software instruments: ableton's Analog synth, and G-Force's Minimonsta and M-Tron Pro (Minimoog and Mellotron emulations, respectively).

Dead Lines (As I Found It) by deadwhenifoundher

1 comment:

  1. Great cover job! Would be glad to speak to you further directly! I'm Max, from Ukraine. I have an electronic project going on, please visit my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/whitarproject
    I work now in the old school industrial direction, so your advice will be appreciated!
    Chears! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete